Our camps are designed to enhance the skill development of club level players. Our camps are scheduled for 3 weeks in length, Monday - Friday, 3 hours per day. Individual skill development, strength and conditioning, and gameplay are included. A MAXIMUM of 24 athletes will be accepted in each session, 12 athletes per court. Please see SF Juniors Safety Plan for more information. All camps will be hosted at the St Thomas More Gym.
Dates and Times:
Summer Camp #2 – July 13th – July 31st
· Session 1 - 10:30a - 1:30p
· Session 2 - 2:30p - 5:30p
This intended to comply with CDC Guidelines regarding Youth Sports, San Francisco Department of Public Health Directive No. 2020-14, No. 2020-13, No. 2020-13b, State of California Reopening Roadmap, USA Volleyball Return to Play Guidelines and Northern California Volleyball Association (NCVA) Return to Play Protocols.
CDC Considerations for Youth Sports
State of CA Guidance: Day Camps
SFDPH, Health Officer Directive
SFDPH: Best Practice for Summer Camp
USA Volleyball Return to Play Guidelines
All participants must have registered via:
·Complete/Sign the SF Juniors Liability Waiver Form.
·Participants that are planning to attend a different sports camp concurrent to SF Juniors Summer Camp are encouraged to NOT register and attend the SF Juniors Summer Camp.
Priority of Acceptance:
On Day One of camp:
·Athletes will be divided into two pods of 12, with two coaches.
· Doors to the lobby to STM will remain locked to outside entry during camp session hours.
· All staff and athletes entering STM will have their temperature taken.
· All that enter the gym must answer the symptoms checklist daily.
· A contact tracing log will be created to record everyone that will be in the gym.
· Must not attend camp if athlete is feeling sick.
· Each session will be divided into two pods of 12 athletes and 2 coaches on two courts.
· The Head Coach will remain on the stage to direct/oversee the progress of the session and facilitate water and restroom breaks.
· To encourage airflow in the gym while athletes occupy it, the emergency exit doors will be propped open.
· Restroom breaks will be staggered to avoid the two pods from intermixing.
· These two entry/exit ways will be the primary manner Pod 1 and Pod 2 will enter the gym at the beginning of camp and exit at the conclusion of camp.
· Dismissal of courts/pods will be the direction of the Head Coach.
· All procedures are subject to change due as needed to reflect the safe operation of this camp.
· Will be provided a face covering, if needed.
· No eating will be allowed in the gym during the camp unless a medical necessity requires.
· Must bring their own water in their own water bottle, bring more than you need.
· Prior to water break or drinking from water bottles, athletes MUST wash their hands in the restroom or use provided hand sanitizer.
· All staff shall wear a face covering while instructing and/or in the gym with the athletes.
· Staff will clean & sanitize each day, prior to the start of camp, between camp sessions and after camp ends (see SFJRS 20-011).
· Staff must bring their own water in own water bottle.o
· Eating during camp sessions is prohibited except during meal break time.
· Staff will be allowed meal break during inter-session, meals should be consumed outside of the gym. Either in the lobby, outside on the bench, or in your vehicle, with social distancing requirements.
· Parents are not allowed in the gym or the building during camp hours. If they happen to enter the building, through the restroom (since both doors will be unlocked), they will be asked to leave immediately. If the occurrence happens again, the parent and athlete will be asked to leave the camp and not return for the remainder of the summer.
· Parents must remain outside of the facility at ALL TIMES, preferably in their vehicles.
· Congregating outside while waiting is not encouraged, but if parents do, social distancing is required and face masks should be worn.
· Athletes will be dismissed by the Head Coach by their court/pod accordingly.
Finally, if the San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH) deems it necessary to shut down this camp, whether due to recurrence of infection numbers or non-compliance to SFDPH Health Officer Directive, SF Juniors will refund money consistent to the remaining camp dates.
Staff will clean and sanitize:
·Before allowing athletes into the gym.
·In-between first and second sessions.
·After all athletes leave the gym.
How will this be accomplished:
·All staff will be trained in the process of cleaning/sanitizing prior to the start of camp.
Items to be provided to staff by SF Juniors:
·Clorox Sanitizing wipes
·Bleach solution in a spray bottle
·Additional face coverings
·Purell hand sanitizer
SF Juniors staff is committed to the safety of all St Thomas More staff, SF Juniors staff, and athletes and to the risk mitigation of all that will enter the St Thomas More facility.
Please refer to SFJRS 20-010 for the organization’s safety plan for the 2020 Summer Camp.